Skip to main content
Library books are organised by call numbers on the spine of the books. Use the Library Catalogue to see if the item is available in the library.
Useful call numbers for Fashion include the following:
- 391.42- Corsets and Underwear
- 646 .4072- Pattern Cutting
- 741.672- Fashion Drawing
- 746- Textiles
- 746.22- Lace
- 746.43- Knitwear
- 746.92- Fashion Designers
LIT Library provides access to thousands of eBooks in many subject areas. Our eBook are available on different platforms: EBSCO, Ebook Central and ScienceDirect. You can access eBooks wherever and whenever you need them.
Explore eBook Collections guide to learn how to find and use eBooks.
How do I find book on a particular topic?
To find books and other items in the Library, search the Library Catalogue.
- Just type in one or two words that describe your topic
- Do not type in your essay title - just pick out the important words (keywords) and use those
If your search retrieves too many results, look at the Refine your search options on the left of the screen to narrow your results.
You can apply multiple limits if you wish to get very specific results - select and apply each one in turn.
Open Access eBooks
Fashion Myths by
Publication Date: 2014
This book will appeal to researchers and students of cultural studies, media studies, marketing, advertising, fashion, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, and psychology, and to anyone interested in the operation of fashion.
Fashion, History, Museums by
Publication Date: 2019
The last decade has seen the growing popularity and visibility of fashion as a cultural product, including its growing presence in museum exhibitions. This book explores the history of fashion displays, highlighting the continuity of past and present curatorial practices.
The Open Research Library
The Open Research Library (ORL) is planned to include all Open Access book content worldwide on one platform for user-friendly discovery, offering a seamless experience navigating more than 20,000 Open Access books. This vital infrastructure is slated to comprise the most comprehensive collection of peer-reviewed Open Access books accessible for everyone. Libraries investing in the Open Research Library contribute to the development of a dedicated infrastructure for the global research community, while participating libraries have the opportunity to benefit from a set of exclusive services.
Selection from our wide range of Fashion Books
Borrowing and loan periods
- Undergraduate – 7 items
- Postgraduate – 9 items
- Staff – 12 items
- Main stack – 2 weeks (Postgraduate – 3 weeks, Staff – 4 weeks)
- Short loan – 3 days
- Reserve loan – 2 hours
- Off-campus access to our electronic resources is available 24/7. Log on with your student number and password
- If the item you are searching for is unavailable at LIT Library, try our inter library loans service. We may be able to borrow the books or journal articles that you want from another library for you. Request forms are available online or at the library desk.
The Library, Limerick Institute of Technology